Vermont House and Senate Committees have taken limited testimony on how Act 39, the assisted-suicide law, is currently working. Throughout that process, the multiple flaws in the law were exposed by those who were able to testify against the law. Despite the known dangers, those in positions of power are intent on sending a bill to the floor that keeps Act 39 in place, with no changes to the original language of this fundamentally flawed law.
Action will be taken on the House floor as early as Thursday of this week. We urge you to take the time to call or email your legislators in the next two days with this simple message:
Please vote to REPEAL ACT 39 ENTIRELY!
The Pro-Suicide groups started their calls already and we need to make calls to show that Vermonters do not want this law.
Please read and follow this closely:
- First go to http://legislature.vermont.gov/people/ and get the names of all your Representatives.
- Politely call the Sergeant-At-Arms at the State House:
- 802-828-2228 or 800-322-5616
- You may get a busy signal, but please keep trying.
- You will be asked to give your name and town.
- Politely ask for the following message to be delivered to your Representatives. The message is “Please vote to REPEAL ACT 39 ENTIRELY!“
- It is important that you leave a message for each Representative by name.
After you have called
Encourage your friends to call as well.
Send emails individually to your Representatives
This is less effective than a call but can help support Representatives in their Repeal decision. You can find their emails through http://legislature.vermont.gov/people/
Thank you for your help Repealing this Bad Law!